It will be New Year’s Eve tomorrow and the loud noises and firecrackers might send kitty in a frenzy. An anxious, agitated cat is not a happy cat.
Here’s a few tips to keep him/her relaxed:
- Confine your cat in a safe room.
- Use music to calm down your pet. You can condition your cat to like classical music to mask the noise outside.
- Distract your pet with toys and games.
- Alternatively, you can exercise him/her until they’re too exhausted to be bothered or stressed about the noise.
- Comfort your pet. It’s hard for them to be agitated and anxious without a visible enemy and they may seek comfort. Don’t be stingy with the affection.